Take control of Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto is one of the most successful video game franchises and one of the most acclaimed titles among action enthusiasts over the last 20 years. Each game of the saga has meant a real revolution thanks to its total freedom of movements, an open-world map that gets increasingly bigger with each new installment and characters with a complicated life that allow the gamer to become one of the bad guys. This time around we offer you GTA IV, the ninth installment in the series.
The 'American Dream' arrives on GTA
The main character of this installment of Grand Theft Auto is Niko Bellic, an illegal immigrant and Balkan War veteran that has traveled by sea to Liberty City, a fictional town based on a modern version of New York, searching for fortune together with his cousin Roman. They both end up in debt and entering a spiral of crime that's very difficult to escape. Mission by mission, they'll have to fight against corrupt thieves and sociopaths to build up as much money as possible and climb to the top of the city's social scale.
GTA IV for PC vs video consoles
The launch of this much-awaited game was initially exclusive to third-generation video consoles. By the end of 2008, the version of GTA 4 - Grand Theft Auto for PC finally arrived. It received plenty of praise for its improved graphics compared to Xbox 360 and PS3 and for its extended options such as being able to control the traffic density, configure the drawing distance and the repeat editor that allows the players to record and edit their own clips of the game.
However, the PC version of this game also managed to become one of the most disappointing titles of the year 2008 for many gamers as its minimum requirements were very high for that time, it was incompatible with ATI Radeon controllers and it had DRM problems, among many other complications that obviously weren't present in the video console versions.
Main features of GTA IV
The guys at Rockstar always find a way to surprise the players. In this GTA, that's already eight years old, we can find features and graphics that don't look too outdated even today:
- Stunning graphic details for every single element of the game: vehicles, main characters, pedestrians or maps of Liberty City.
- Wide range of weapons available: knives, baseball bats, Desert Eagle, MP5, AK-47, Remington 700, Molotov cocktails, hand grenades or RPG-7, among others.
- Extended multiplayer mode that requires more strategy aspects to be taken into account.
- Game optimized for PC controls and the Xbox 360 gamepad.
- Drive all sorts of vehicles such as cars, boats, helicopters and motorbikes.
- Possibility to customize the game by means of different options.
Are there any cheats for this game?
Yes, of course there are. Since it's quite an old game, players have had years to find out all the game's possible hacks that you can now find on the Internet. We're talking about all sorts of manuals with advice and cheats that will allow you to advance faster, regenerate Niko's health, add a star to the reward level, multiply your income or get hold of the best weapons and cars. Although, admit it, the game's not so interesting with all these hacks available.
- This game requires Windows Vista SP1 or above, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4 Ghz o above, 1.5GB of RAM memory, 18GB of free space on your hard drive and a 256MB NVIDIA 7900 or 256MB ATI X1900 o above graphics card.
- This is a pay-to-play game downloadable through Steam.
Return to Liberty City from your Android
The best GTA games adapted to iPhone